POST COVID-19 201.3: USSSA Soccer Return to Play
Recommended Best Practices for the Field-of-Play:
1. Follow all local and state guidelines for facilities and events.
2. Opposing team benches should be on opposite sides of the field.
3. Rosters sizes and playing formats should be reviewed both to maintain a competitive structure and to allow for flexibility under the crowd restriction circumstances.
4. A spectator/parent-to-player ratio of 1:1 is to be followed during times of restricted gatherings.
5. No handshakes. No walk outs. No team huddles. A separate form of goal celebration and team sportsmanship with no contact should be created.
6. One player per team shall be allowed at the coin toss with the referee to begin a game. The referee shall always be in possession of the coin.
7. Play can be restarted with a kick-in after a sideline out of bounds. The ball may not be played over 10 yards on a kick-in.
8. No spitting. Spitting will result in automatic removal from the field.
9. Players must always keep proper social distance from referees. Only a team captain can approach the referee to ask questions and gain clarification.
10. Teams must leave the field immediately after their game concludes. Teams will have 10 minutes to vacate the bench area.
11. Game time slots should be lengthened so that an incoming team has no chance of personal contact with a team that has just played. Sample game-day schedule: 9 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 2 p.m., 4:30 p.m., 7 p.m.